We provide comprehensive Social Media Training for Schools Teams.
Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, Google My business and Reddit.
Social media offers schools a fantastic opportunity to build their reputation, but needs to be handled carefully to protect the interests of the school’s staff and students.
We deliver hands-on social media training for schools, which is tailored to your school and the level of knowledge your staff currently have. By delivering the social media course in your school, you save on venue hire and travel time for your staff, plus it enables the trainer to get to know your school.
Each workshop is tailored to the needs of your school, but would usually include:
- Strengths and weaknesses of different social media platforms
- Developing a Social Media Policy and Strategy
- Security and privacy settings on social media
- What to share on social media?
- Building friends and followers
- Managing negative or inappropriate comments
- Scheduling posts on social media
- Easy ways of editing and creating images
- Daily and weekly planning
- Integrating social media with other marketing activities
- Measuring the results
For each of the platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram and YouTube – we will look at:
- Setting up your accounts
- Its features and how to get the best from them
- Apps which help with the management of each platform
- Learning from good and poor examples of their use
Who Should Attend?
This social media course is suitable for anyone handling the school’s social media accounts and marketing, whether it is a head teacher, teacher, administrator, or business manager.
This course can be combined with marketing training too if required
- want to use social media to effectively and efficiently communicate with parents and the wider community
- need to safeguard students from the harmful effects of social media
- want to use the latest technology to track your school’s presence on social media
- need to prepare your school for crisis communication using social media
- Safeguarding, social media and media relations (PR) guidelines
- A huge list of ideas to explore with others in your school and community
- The chance to try out the latest social media management and monitoring software
What will the Social media training cover?
- The latest facts and figures about social media use
- Advice on researching and choosing the right social media platforms for your communities
- How best to share stories on different social media
- How to grow and engage stakeholders and build communities
- Managing multiple social media accounts in a busy school
- Monitoring mentions of your school and rating its reputation
- Handling negative comments on social media
- Using social media in a crisis
- Safeguarding students
- Safeguarding staff
- Ensuring your social media policies comply with ‘Keeping children safe in education 2018’